Sunday, June 26, 2016

NEW: David Bowie live in London 1983 - 2CD - June 30

Artist: David Bowie

Venue: Hammersmith Odeon 30th June 1983

Audio Source: audience VG++

Number of Discs required: 2
Artwork: No
Total running time: 1:33:54


Tracklisting:
 
1 Intro/Look Back In Anger
2 Breaking Glass
3 Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
4 Rebel Rebel
5 "Heroes"
6 What In The World?
7 Life On Mars?
8 Golden Years
9 Fashion
10 Let's Dance
11 Red Sails
12 China Girl
13 Station To Station
14 Cracked Actor
15 Band intro/Young Americans
16 Space Oddity
17 TVC 15
18 Fame
19 Stay
20 The Jean Genie
21 Modern Love (With Amazulu)


With all the activity at MWP, Isolar2's bootleg project searching for low gen recordings and Blackout's stirling work uploading his cassette stash.
I thought I'd better get off my butt and join the party. As many of you know I was collecting Bowie boots from the late 70's until 1984,
and with over 80 Serious Moonlight shows in my hoard all collected within six months of the tour there must be some low gen gems in there.

Well here we go then, a fantastic audience recording from the Hammersmith Odeon charity concert, memorable for several reasons,
firstly I was there, secondly the tickets were £50 (an absolute fortune back then, I'd just seen all three Wembley shows for £30)
and lastly the show was on the wednesday (if I remember correctly) and I picked up a tape at the weekend so this must be a low gen copy I think.
Apart from a tiny bit of hiss removal and a slice and dice to break it into 21 tracks this is pretty much as the original tape. The natural tape break
is after Station to Station, so I faded it in and out here to neaten things up.

As I mentioned earlier I have over 80 very old recordings of this tour so if anyone is looking for a possible upgrade of any show just let me know
and we'll see what we can do.

Download this bootleg here
               

No comments:

Post a Comment