Friday, May 13, 2016

NEW: David Bowie "Conversations with Bowie" - 1CD - May 14, 1979

Conversations with Bowie
Capital Radio
14th May 1979.

David Bowie spoke with twelve fans in the Capital Radio studio listening to, and discussing his new album "Lodger".

The Tape:

I traded (probably bought) this poor quality "x-gen" tape many years ago, around 1983, and a few years ago, digitised and cleaned it with Cool Edit Pro, Goldwave, and (I think) Groove mechanic. I also repaired a few parts, and I think it came out "OK", but its not overly superb. ;)

I'm guessing that a promotional record probably exists, but I haven't seen one as yet, and I haven't seen this made available to fans previously.

Of course, if you can provide an upgrade, please feel free to do so. ;)

In relation to the official material content, it is not particularly good quality, and has been retained specifically for completism (yeah... I made that word up). :lol: I recommend everybody purchase the legendary official release to enjoy it in pristine, CD or SACD quality sound.

Bonus:

Two Gentlemen In New York.
FL Records - 080284

On October 5, 1979, David Bowie and John Cale went into the Ciarbisstudio, which is located on top of a house or appartment complex in the city of New York.
They recorded some songs there.
Here are some results of these uniQue rehearsals!!

Side 1: Velvet Couch
Side 2: Piano-la

I purchased this numbered limited edition bootleg single, back in the "old days" from one of them "dodgy" mail order services, I expect some time after 8th February 1984, if the release code is to be believed. ;) In fact, I purchesed 3 copies, expecting that one day they'll have some value, considering it was limited to 500 copies. I received Numbers 298, 302, and 303. I guess the "inner Circle" got the important numbers. :lol:

In any case, my copies have had very limited airings over the last 25 years, and so this vinyl rip is probably as good as it gets.

Once again, ripped some years ago, they were already in the "Bonus" folder, ready for upload. ;D

...and now, without any further ado...
...enjoy. :-)

Download this bootleg here
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment